January 23, 2013

Day 22 - Discovered New Gadgets

Well it was weigh day today - so I reluctantly stood on the scales expecting a BAD result - but I was the same as last week, which I suppose is a good thing.  I have been slowly adding food to my diet as well as still juicing/making smoothies - and I have not been exercising (bad I know) so its pretty good really.  Over the last three weeks I have lost a total of 3.2kg (7lbs) so I am happy with that result as I think losing a little at a time means that hopefully it will stay off - and they do say that 1kg a week is about right.  Exercise will feature in my routine next week.

Speaking of exercise when I was at the Food and Wine Expo over the weekend I entered a competition to win a months free personal training - well I got the phone call today - and no I didn't win but they offered me a weeks free personal training as well as being able to take a weeks worth of classes.  So my first session is on Feb 4th - hopefully this will kick start me in the right direction - might very well kill me but lets hope not.

Started the morning with a bit of a naturally sweetened smoothie:  rice milk/banana/cacao powder/dates - so it was a bit like a chocolate milkshake and oh so yum.  Got the recipe from the lovely Robyn at Girl On Raw from her book Smoothies and Juices for Newbies..

Then I snacked on some chocolate at about lunchtime and now I am suffering - headache, dizzy, and overall feeling like rubbish - so removing the sugar from my diet really is a good thing.  So no more!!!!!

Made another smoothie which was really nice and made heaps to - so I have saved some for later.  Water/banana/blueberries/avocado/spinach and some Coconut Magic's Coconut Oil - this really is the best coconut oil I have tasted- I use it for all sorts of things.



Tonight for dinner we will have homemade coleslaw and grilled chicken.  But the cool thing for me is that I discovered a new gadget in the kitchen.  First let me explain that I am no cook - never have been never will be, my husband describes some of my cooking as the three B's - Boiled/Burnt/Buggered.  I can cook basic and thats as far as it goes.  I am willing to give it a go but thankfully my husband loves to cook and is really good at it.

But we have been watching Jamie Oliver and he uses the plastic attachments in the food processor to make coleslaw (did not know what all these attachments were for ....honestly) so I decided to give it a go - and here is the result.....


How cool is that - lol you are probably laughing at me by now  - but I really did not know what all those bits were for.  So I have a new friend in the kitchen now...

Bananas were on special today - so I will leave them out for a few days and then freeze them for my smoothies.  And if you live in Australia a great place to buy spinach from is Aldi -they have these big plastic tubs for only $1.99 each.



So today was a good day.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment