January 24, 2013

Day 23 - Ketosis

Woke this morning and felt sooooo tired - I could have slept on for the day.  Thankfully I did not have a big work load today.  As while I was visiting a client I began to feel like I could not function.  Have not felt this tired for a long time.

So I took myself off the the Doctors as in the past I have been B12 deficient so thought I should get some bloods done again.  But on a urine dipstick she told me that I was in Ketosis and as there was no sugar showing in my urine she turned to me and said "You are starving".  I certainly do not look like I am starving but obviously am in Ketosis.

The definition of Ketosis is:  Ketones build up when the body needs to break down fats and fatty acids to use as fuel. This is most likely to occur when the body does not get enough sugar or carbohydrates.

So this could explain why I am feeling this way.  I would be interested to know if anyone else on a juice fast is in Ketosis.

What did I eat today:  Green Smoothie for breakfast.  Kitz Crackers with tomato and a small tin of salmon in springwater.  Dinner was cajun grilled chicken with coleslaw (homemade).


So lets hope I wake and feel better tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment